This year, six (6) non-renewable $1500 scholarships will be available for female students enrolling in one of the following programs to commence in September 2021:
- Powerline Technician
- Heavy Duty Equipment Technician
- Construction/Industrial Electrician
- Industrial Mechanic (Millwright)
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Electronics Systems Engineering Technology
- Power Engineering Technology
- Instrumentation & Controls Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Chemical Control Engineering Technology
- Environmental Engineering Technology
If you are not accepted for one of the programs listed above, you will not be eligible for a scholarship.
Recipients are selected on the basis of acceptance into a program of study at a recognized post-secondary institution of choice.
- Applicants must be entering their first year in one of the programs listed above.
- Applicants must be permanent residents of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Applicants must demonstrate skills relating to teamwork, communication, leadership, dignity, and respect.
- Preference may be given to students who demonstrate financial need.
- The scholarships will be awarded on the basis of an unbiased application and selection process.
Submit a WRDC Trades & Technology Scholarship application form along with the following:
- Written essay (max 500 words) or video essay (max 4 minutes) – telling us why you deserve a scholarship
- Reference letters (2 max)
SUBMIT COMPLETED APPLICATIONS TO:
Women in Resource Development Corporation (WRDC)
The deadline for submission of applications is July 31, 2021.