What is Go Getters NL?
A youth service initiative to increase community service, civic engagement, and advocacy in young adults funded by the Canada Service Corps, hosted by CSC NL.
Why become a Go Getter?
- You will become more involved and engaged in your community!
- You will meet like-minded people and work together to make a difference!
- You can promote a cause you are passionate about and/or tackle that societal issue that gets you fired up!
- You will gain many new skills and experiences and increase your network!
- You will get inspired with ideas and ready to take action through Rising Youth’s community service grants
- You can remain involved after the program - Be a part of our growing alumni group with access to opportunities and networking!
We love getting to know the youth in our programs, finding out what makes them tick, and linking them to amazing service opportunities in their community. So, come on, join our squad of change-makers!
Check out Go Getters on Social Media
- Youth-led programming (which means we listen to YOU)
- Exciting and innovative opportunities
- Support and encouragement
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development and networking
- Support for transportation and childcare available on an individual basis
Who is eligible to join?
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or a person who has been granted refugee status in Canada between the ages of 19 – 29.
- You must be willing to make a 120-hour commitment to the program until March 2022.
- No previous volunteer or civic engagement experience required. We want ALL levels of experience!
- Program participants must be a resident of the St. John's Metro area.
T: (709) 689-8413 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Sector Council Newfoundland and Labrador
Telephone: (709) 753-9860
Toll Free: 1 (866) 753-9860