Finders Keepers Career Skills Training and Job Experience Program
Community Sector Council
What is Finders Keepers?
Finders Keepers is a CSC NL value+ employment program designed to support young adults between the ages of 19-29 seeking assistance with career skills training and job experience.
The Program offers the opportunity for young adults to:
- acquire career skills and knowledge
- obtain work experience
- enhance community and personal networks and
- strengthen their resume.
Who is Eligible?
- Young adults between the ages of 19-29 seeking assistance with career skills training and employment
- Not currently employed
- Not in school
- Available to work up to 35 hours per week generally up to 19 weeks.
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or persons being granted refugee status
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant federal/provincial legislations and regulation
- Up to 72 hours mostly pre-employment career development training either in a group or individual setting, focusing on in-demand employment skills, such as communication, collaboration and teamwork, cultural awareness, leadership, problem-solving, customer service, health and safety. A training allowance is provided. Certifications in areas such as Customer Service, WHIMS are offered.
- Generally, 19-weeks paid employment. The program identifies employment opportunities and matches the interests of both the participants and employer where possible.
- Other supports may be available as required to participate in the program.
- Program takes place on the Northeast Avalon.
How do I apply?
Complete the online application. The application process will remain open until all positions are filled.
We appreciate all applications, however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
Funded by the Government of Canada’s Youth Employment and Skills Strategy
P.O. Box 21157
St. John's, NL
Canada A1A 5B2