This program takes place at College of the North Atlantic, Placentia campus, Placentia, NL. It may be of interest to you and your clients who would like to gain employability skills and work experience while being paid a stipend/wage throughout the program.
The Skills Transition Program consists of 12 weeks of paid classroom training and 4 weeks of paid on-the-job training. In addition, all materials, supplies, workbooks and textbooks are provided, including Personal Protective Equipment. Students are also eligible for a completion bonus of $650.
Students must be:
- between the ages of 19 and 29 (inclusive) at the time of intake/selection
- minimum of Grade 9 education
- not in employment
- not in training at time of enrollment
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or persons who have been granted refugee status in Canada;
- legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations; and
- Participants in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits are eligible. For participants in receipt of EI – they must first consult with their Service Canada office before participating.