The newly formed LD-ACE (Learning Disabilities Awareness and Empowerment Project) presenter team is ready to present via zoom all over Newfoundland and Labrador. These presentations are a special opportunity to learn the joys and challenges of this unique way of walking through the world of school, employment, self-advocacy, relationships, and mental health.
Who should attend these presentations?
- Schools – teachers, guidance counsellors, administrators
- K-12 Teachers
- Post Secondary Instructors
- Community-Based Organizations
- Group Home Staff
- Disability Support Advocates
- Justice Facility Staff
- People Who Identify As Living With an LD
- Youth Organizations
- Recreational Clubs
- Mental Health Professionals
- Post Secondary Faculties
- Medical Professionals
- Anyone interested in true inclusion
- Anyone interested in neurodiversity
The guiding philosophy of the LD-ACE Project is ‘Nothing About Us Without Us.’ Our goals are to spread LD awareness, create a positive image of LD, empower the LD population for self-advocacy, and guide our community towards appropriate supports and interventions.