This workshop is available virtually!
The Career/Employment Coach Certificate (CECC) is a joint program with the Winnipeg Transition Centre’s Active Learning Works and the University of Winnipeg PACE and Humber College in Toronto.
The Program is comprised of four 2-day modules. This includes Resume Development, Job Search, Career Planning, and Interview Skills Coach workshops. These sessions can be delivered online as well as in person.
To acquire a Certificate for each module, a Final Assignment is required to be submitted within 90 days of the workshops and pass the evaluation process. Once all 4 Final Assignments are successfully completed, the Final Certificate is automatically awarded.
All the workshops are highly interactive with time devoted to practice coaching through role-play breakout sessions. Participants walk away with an extensive toolkit of resources and techniques that can immediately be implemented in their workplace. The following information provides an overview of 2 of the 4 modules scheduled in November and December 2023:
Job Search Coach
- Develop a marketing pitch and cards to use when connecting with potential employers
- How to use an informational interview to acquire knowledge about that industry and the position
- Using social media effectively and building your network of contacts to source out job opportunities
- The importance of developing an effective cover letter and the different formats to use
- Source job leads through news articles
- Learn how a work proposal can open up new employment opportunities
Interview Skills Coach
- Discover what employers are looking for during an interview
- Acquire tips on how to prepare for an interview and the importance of follow-up
- Learn how to respond to standard, situational, and behaviour descriptive questions using EQUAL and PAR approaches
- Provide suggestions for answering “tough” interview questions
- Employ successful methods of coaching individuals to gain confidence and overcome nervousness
Cost: Non-profit rate– $525.00 plus 5% GST, Private/Public Sector Rate-$800.00 plus 5% GST
If you have questions contact: