Career Development Practitioners in Newfoundland and Labrador are currently (2021) being certified through the New Brunswick Career Development Association. There are a number of pathways for certification depending on your years of work experience, formal education and career development training.
*Note: NBCDAG Certification will automatically be granted to practitioners who have proof of a valid:
1) Career Development Certification from another Province
3) Certificate as an Educational and Vocational Guidance Practitioner through the IAEVG Certification
Go to the NBCDA website for detailed information.
- Criteria for Certification
- Guide to Compulsory Courses
- Application for Certification
- Code of Ethics
- Criteria for Certification Renewal
For support and guidance on navigating the process feel free to connect with elayne@employmentcollaboration.
Certification Application and Membership Fee
Membership fee (plus tax):
- $50 NBCDA Membership (year one)
- $150 NBCDA Membership (3 years – length of certification)
Certification Application Fee (plus tax):
- $150 Certificate Application Fee
- $75 Certificate Application Fee (Canadian Certified Counsellors with CCPA)
- $75 Certificate Application Fee (IAEVG/EVGP Certificate holder, or holder of Certification from another Province
Certification Renewal Fee (plus tax) :
- $75 Certificate Renewal Fee (every 3 years)