Canadian Council For Career Development Newsletter | April 2019
New from the Brookfield Institute - Turn and Face the Strange: Changes impacting the future of employment in Canada
What is happening internationally these days?
- Australia’s recent budget announcement includes the establishment of a National Careers Institute and several other career development initiatives to ensure every student receives quality career development supports and services.
- In addition to having highly training career educators, ALL South Korean teachers are not receiving foundational training in career development.
- The OECD has released Good Jobs for All in a Changing World of Work with detailed policy recommendations to support equitable and high-functioning labour markets.
- Wales is investing significantly in hiring more Career Development Professionals
What can we learn from other countries to support our own advocacy, research, development and delivery?
- § Our very own Roberta Neault will be delivering Putting Professionalism into Practice: Why we do what we do, the next webinar in a series being offered by the Careers Industry Council of Australia (CICA) to support the launch of their new Professional Standards.
- Mark Your Calendars: Call for Presenters for Cannexus20 National Career Development conference now open! Submission deadline: Friday, June 7, 2019
P.O. Box 21157
St. John's, NL
Canada A1A 5B2