Transitions to Work Program
- Currently receiving income support, or feel you would qualify for income support, if you applied.
- Non EI eligible
- Between the ages of 19 and 45 years
- Have a minimum of grade ten high school completed; and
- Interested in obtaining a job.
Transitions to Work is a 9-week workplace readiness program starting in December 2019. The program offers the opportunity to:
- Obtain help with problem solving, workplace communications, budgeting skills;
- Explore personal strengths and interests and match these strengths to occupations that may be a good fit for you;
- Obtain workplace certificates such as First Aid; WHMIS; Back Injury Prevention, etc.
- Up-date and practice your work search skills; and
- Receive one-on-one coached job search support.
Program Participants may be eligible for:
- A start-up allowance
- A monthly stipend
- Transportation costs
- Assistance with childcare costs
For more information contact: