Posted April 10 , 2018
NLACL invites expressions of interest for their Board of Directors
The Newfoundland and Labrador Association for Community Living (NLACL) is a family-oriented, registered charity that works with, and on behalf of, persons with intellectual disabilities and their families. We envision a province where people with an intellectual disability live as full participants in their community.
We are engaged with a variety of projects and policy development while still maintaining the core principles of equality, inclusion and independence.
Mentoring – working with students who have an intellectual disability to provide independence skills and mentorships with employers in both the Metro and Central NL
Inclusive Hiring – connecting with employers to foster inclusive hiring practices
Transitions – partnering with youth to help them navigate the often complicated transition into adult supports and services through person-centred transition planning
Supported Decision Making – collaborating to lay the foundation of a decision making approach that would see persons with an intellectual disability be supported in making choices for their own life.
Individualized Funding – partnering to help develop the new Individualized Funding model offering individuals who utilize disability supports the flexibility to design supports that better match their needs, and goals.
· Future Planning – connecting with families to educate and help plan for a time when parents are no longer able to provide ongoing care for their son or daughter.
As a member of the Board of Directors, you will be expected to:
- Have a commitment to furthering inclusion for all people with an intellectual disability;
- Attend monthly Executive/Board meetings via teleconference, as well as no fewer than one in-person meeting per year. NLACL will cover the cost of any travel incurred as a part of participation in the Board of Directors;
- Be aware of issues and concerns regarding inclusion and disability in their region;
-Be willing to commit to a two-year term on the Board, with the option to renew for an additional term;
-Be willing to sit as a member on one sub-committee;
-Be able to provide a clear Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector check;
- Be a resident of Newfoundland and Labrador
To Submit an Expression of Interest
Please email a letter outlining why you would like to be a part of the NLACL Board of Directors, along with a resume outlining your background and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org attention Pamela Anstey, Executive Director.
Please indicate which region you are applying to represent:
· Eastern (outside the greater St. John’s area)
· Metro St. John’s Area
NLACL embraces diversity, and welcomes submissions from all interested applicants.
Expressions of Interest must be received by Friday, May 11th, 2018
For more information, please contact Pamela Anstey, Executive Director at email@example.com or by phone at (709) 722-0790.
P.O. Box 21157
St. John's, NL
Canada A1A 5B2
Enter your text here...