What is it?
This program is a mentorship program for youth (ages 15-30) that will reimburse an employer 50% of the salary paid to a post-secondary graduate who they hire and mentor for full-time employment in high-demand occupations.
Are you hiring a full-time employee?
If you answer “yes”, then you could be considered for this program.
Which Employers Qualify?
Register now and we can reimburse 50% of the salary paid to a post-secondary graduate!
- Hire any post-secondary graduate between the ages of 15 and 30; not in receipt of EI benefits; a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or granted refugee status; and, legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Mentor the graduate employee.
- Sign a contract prescribing ALL of the terms of the program in order to receive reimbursement.
The program moves youth into the labour market by supporting companies with hiring applicants who may meet education requirements for advertised positions but may have limited experience to back it up.
Why Employers like Career Focus:
- It costs nothing to participate and requires minimal administration and paperwork.
- It can be used to fill multiple vacant positions.
- They have access to a pool of highly skilled, eager-to-learn new workers.
- They are able to meet their staffing needs with less financial cost.
- They can free up resources to grow their business.
- They can develop new talent within their companies.
Register now to expand your connections and give employers another good reason to hire you!
Eligible Career Seekers:
- Youth between the ages of 15 and 30 (inclusive) at the time of intake.
- Graduate from any post-secondary institution.
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or persons who have been granted refugee status in Canada.
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial legislation and regulations.
- Not in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits.
P.O. Box 21157
St. John's, NL
Canada A1A 5B2